Splendide clothes dryer on second motor with bad bearings

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
This is the Splendide clothes dryer in our trailer. This is how the second motor sounds after about 20 hours of operation. The first motor was replace at about the same run time. Splendide replaced the first motor under warranty. The video is of the second motor that started sounding like this after about 10 hours of operation. I called Splendide, who told me they don't have problems with these and won't warranty the second motor, even though we only had the second motor for about two months when I called them. I have the third motor waiting to be installed when this one fails. The motor was about $125, but they charge you $50 to ship, even via ground. Most frustrating.

This is the motor, any ideas where to get one not from Splendide?

IMG_4014.JPG

Last edited:
you know something Wayne.. my wife is a clothes washing freak.. and formerly she wanted a washer dryer in our trailer.. but over time she came to the conclusion that not only was it not possible to do much laundry in a RV in such small machines but that for the amount of time we spend in a RV ( say 3 months a year) the 20 bucks spent at the laundromat every couple weeks and the extra closet space were a better more practical idea than a RV Washing machine..

so I am just saying maybe if you can't get the POS fixed at a reasonable cost you might seriously consider removing the unit and going to the laundromat with your significant other. We just call it a date, like date night... go to laundromat, go out to eat. :)

so I am just saying maybe if you can't get the POS fixed at a reasonable cost you might seriously consider removing the unit and going to the laundromat with your significant other.
My better half loves having a washer and dryer in the trailer. We used to go to the laundromat when we had the Airstream. It's my job to keep the dryer running.

My better half loves having a washer and dryer in the trailer. We used to go to the laundromat when we had the Airstream. It's my job to keep the dryer running.
at least you have a hobby.. I just drive and supply quarters.