Some videos from dash cam

Thanks for posting the videos - pictures are good, but video is fantastic.

The truck did great pulling the grades!

We were watching your videos and said again that we can't wait to come to Washington.

What recreation did you do around the state park?

We Kayaked both days for a few hours, rode the bikes over to Iron Horse state park, which is the old Milwaukie and Chicago railroad grade to Seattle. It is fun, pretty flat some cool bridges and some old tunnels. Lots do around Easton/Cle Elum.

Truck does much better than expected towing those grades. Most RPM I saw was 4000 to 4200 briefly maybe 3 times. Old truck might see 5000 a few times. It likes 62 to 65 mph at 3200 to 3500 for the longer passes(not even sweating yet for an LS based engine). Keeping up with traffic on the passes the trans temp never went above 170. I recently installed the PML 6L90E deep pan. It holds three extra quarts and has some cooling fins. Cools off quicker and just towing without the bigger passes I saw anywhere from 140 to 160 for the temps. Loaded for camping I am close to
16,000 combined. Here is the pan. I did clean it up. :)
pan 1.jpg

It's kind of a brain tease to see the deepest part of the pan forward! Keeping transmissions cool is the number one way to make them last longer and at those temps, while pulling, your trans should be set for the life of the truck.

It's kind of a brain tease to see the deepest part of the pan forward! Keeping transmissions cool is the number one way to make them last longer and at those temps, while pulling, your trans should be set for the life of the truck.
It works great bosses are in the pan for the stock filter.

So the filter puses into the transmission and sits on a type of pedestal in the stock pan. In order to use the deep pan they add 4 long standoffs so you can use the stock filter for ease of maintenance