Solo Stove Fire Pit - promises of less smoke

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We love sitting around a camp fire, but dislike the smoke blowing in our faces. While in Door County at a campground the topic of a how nice it would be to have a portable fire pit we could use in places that don't have a fire ring, not surprisingly while sitting around a camp fire.

When santa came this year, he brought me a Solo Stove Fire Pit. I was intrigued by the promise of less smoke due to the "Signature 360° Airflow Design™" My first thought was, "yeah right, how is that thing supposed to reduce the amount of smoke?" Well, we had a fire in it last weekend and the fire pit far exceeded my smokey expectations. There are grates in the bottom and air holes around the top inside edge where air can flow freely. After using the fire pit, I'm sold and think it's a great design. Watch the oxygen coming out of the holes reburn the smoke.

You can clearly see the holes in the bottom feeding air to the fire. The result is much less smoldering which mean much less smoke. We like!

20210315_000958074_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
We love sitting around a camp fire, but dislike the smoke blowing in our faces. While in Door County at a campground the topic of a how nice it would be to have a portable fire pit we could use in places that don't have a fire ring, not surprisingly while sitting around a camp fire. When santa came this year, he brought me a Solo Stove Fire Pit. I was intrigued by the promise of less smoke due to the "Signature 360° Airflow Design™" My first thought was, "yeah right, how is that thing supposed to reduce the amount of smoke?" Well, we had a fire in it last weekend and the fire pit far exceeded my smokey expectations. There are grates in the bottom and air holes around the top inside edge where air can flow freely. After using the fire pit, I'm sold and think it's a great design. Watch the oxygen coming out of the holes reburn the smoke. You can clearly see the holes in the bottom feeding air to the fire. The result is much less smoldering which mean much less smoke. We like! View attachment 603

Looks cool! Less smoke is better.
Does it burn wood faster?

I guess it's not hard to take with you in the truck.

I don't know if i will haul it for camping, but i think i want one for our home patio, looks perfect for that, thanks for posting this!

If you are going to dual-purpose for home and camping, then I'd go for the middle size (bonfire), if you're going to just use it for the home patio, then the Yukon is larger and would be better (IMHO). The bonfire will haul nicely in the back of the truck.

We have two. One for the trailer and one for the house. I like smoke. The wife doesn't. This thing delivers no smoke. I recommend them to everyone.