Short cord for my generator

Hi all. I often camp in a field at various racing events. I end up using my Wen 56380i to power my TT. I also use my generator at home to power the unit if I need the AC when loading. For this type of stuff I hate getting the 30’ long cord out. I would like to make a shorter 6-8’ cord that has a 30amp outlet on it. Has anyone seen this or done this? I need to find a source for my RV plug as well. Menards has the cable.

Thanks for any input.

Just my $0.02

I bought a 15' one just so I wouldn't have to go digging into the storage. When I put the backup panel in the house, I bought an RV outlet to use on it as well so I can just use that same cord. Got it from Amazon.

I just looked. $52 for a 6-foot cord or $39 for a 15-foot....makes sense.

What receptacle does the generator have?
Should be the standard RV 30a plug

1704247965683.jpg

Appreciate all the help so far! I probably wasn’t super clear. My TT is a 50amp plug so the ends you suggest won’t work Wayne. The generator end is fine and does look like what @ctechbob shows.

I think something like this will work with a homemade cord.
Plug

Just my $0.02

Or, just buy a 10' 50 amp cord and use a 30 male to 50 female dogbone. I prefer this way because the cord you buy can be used to hook directly to a 50 amp plug, or used with a 30 amp dogbone, or with a 30 amp to 15 amp dogbone.

A great article by Mike Sokol about adapters

Great feedback Wayne! The author makes a great point about the 50 to 30 amp adapter and the strain on the plug in the RV.

I think I will look for a 10' 50 amp cord. I already have the 50 to 30 and 30 to 15 amp parts from my existing setup.

Just my $0.02