Safety chain clevis slip hook latch that doesn't break?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
This is the second set of safety chain hooks I've had in two years. The latches are fragile and once they get bent or come off, the hood needs to be replaced, because I don't trust them. They are about $10 each at Lowes, but that's $20 wasted in my opinion. There has to be some other solution, if you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

20200525_190617709_iOS.jpg

14 years later and my safety gates are still intact. What are you all doing to yours to beat them up in a few years???

Most of my troubles with them are when the trailer gets moved by the dealer or when we use a skid steer to back it into the corner of the shop for winter storage. It's never when I tow the trailer, as there is really no force at all on the chains, they just hang there.

Most of my troubles with them are when the trailer gets moved by the dealer or when we use a skid steer to back it into the corner of the shop for winter storage. It's never when I tow the trailer, as there is really no force at all on the chains, they just hang there.

You know, mine may have been damaged by the rv dealer when i had warranty work done. They moved it with some sort of fork lift ball equipped rig.

I will have to secure my chains up with something, if i ever drop it off again.