RV life with a dog!!!???

Karen

So, yep we picked up our new pup and she spent her first night with us in our Airstream. This season will be her first out on the road, camping and hiking. Any
suggestions from you veteran RVers on traveling with canine companions?

RV dog 1.jpg
RV dog 2.jpg

We keep our rig stocked with doggie do bags, and toys. Our dogs love to go. We do have an aging German Shepard. A ramp is a must for him. Fortunately we 2 entrances, so we can set up the ramp at one door.
IMG_20190703_145507844_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190205_185618222_LL.jpg

Last edited:
We also measure out in serving bags, each dogs food. Better than taking the whole bag. Crocs are good shoes to have so you can slip them on and do the early morning dog walk.

Just seeing your camper set up in this picture makes me want to get on the road! We'll definitely only take what dog food we need, as everything takes space and before you know it, everything is full.

Do you use a slip lead tied between trees or something so the dogs can roam around?

Yes for the little dog, the shepard leash. I had him off leash for a bit for a pic. He is old and does not go anywhere, but except for this pic, i keep them on leashes to respect camp rules.

So, yep we picked up our new pup and she spent her first night with us in our Airstream. This season will be her first out on the road, camping and hiking. Any
suggestions from you veteran RVers on traveling with canine companions?

View attachment 14View attachment 15
That is a great looking pup, ready for adventure with you.
What breed ? How big do you expect her to get ?

I’m sure you guys will have fun together.

As we would all likely agree, pets are a reflection of their owners in many ways.

I don't mind pets in campgrounds at all, as long as they are not a nuisance. But that is just an extension of the owner's, most often. People whom are respectful of others will be that way with their pets. Folks that are ignorant/arrogant of other peoples needs and privacy are often rude and cause issues, and so will their pets. And it's not just pets; their kids are the same way.

I've seen many which are a pure treat and wonderful; they are playful but don't cause a ruckus, they don't make much noise, and they stay on their site with their owners or in the designated play areas. That's because their owner's have properly trained them. Respect begets respect. Oh - and their dogs are well behaved also! LOL.