Rubber Roof recondition

Mitten Mike

My trailer is now ten years old and I would like to recondition the rubber roof. What products have others used for this task?

Have you ever cleaned it? I think keeping it clean is the best thing. Years ago, dicor advised that the only thing you need to do to EDPM roofs, was to clean it. You can clean it with a commercial rubber roof cleaner, or a non petroleum cleaner like non bleach powder laundry soap mixed in a bucket.

I use non bleach powdered soap. i mix it in a bucket and mop it on the roof. i use a really soft bristle brush and lightly scrub. Rinse. Then clean the sides of your camper and rewax the sides of your camper.

After they discovered they had a market for products, dicor came out with rubber roof conditioner, that you can mop on with a sponge mop after cleaning.

Orginally dicor stated that there was no need for anything on a rubber roof other than cleaning. They now produce a roof conditioner. I am not convinced its not just marketing.

There are 2 types of rubber, TPO, and EDPM. The EDPM will powder a bit over time.

The best thing in my opinion , is to keep it clean, under a shed, out of the sun, and inspect and recaulk the seams, penetrations as needed. Use dicor caulk.

I go on my roofs bare foot, so i don't tear the room turning with shoes on, or leave black marks from the shoes.

Whatever products you use, research them to make sure they are not made with any petroleum ingredients. Or buy the Dicor brand.

Last edited:
When your up there, check all the vents and so forth for cracks in the sealant, If you find cracks and you probably will, clean those areas with a bristle brush with the laundry soap. When dry apply Dicor self leveling caulk over the existing caulk. Fill the cracks and cover the edges. No need to scrape it up and risk tearing the roof.

I should add, when you first get on the roof at the beginning of the season, tap the air conditioner cover with a broom from a distance. You don't want to be right beside the air-conditioner, cleaning, when wasps come boiling out unexpectedly!! You don't want to fall off when stung/attacked!!

I did not fall, but discovered this the hard way!

Have you ever cleaned it? I think keeping it clean is the best thing. Years ago, dicor advised that the only thing you need to do to EDPM roofs, was to clean it. You can clean it with a commercial rubber roof cleaner, or a non petroleum cleaner like non bleach powder laundry soap mixed in a bucket.

I use non bleach powdered soap. i mix it in a bucket and mop it on the roof. i use a really soft bristle brush and lightly scrub. Rinse. Then clean the sides of your camper and rewax the sides of your camper.

After they discovered they had a market for products, dicor came out with rubber roof conditioner, that you can mop on with a sponge mop after cleaning.

Orginally dicor stated that there was no need for anything on a rubber roof other than cleaning. They now produce a roof conditioner. I am not convinced its not just marketing.

There are 2 types of rubber, TPO, and EDPM. The EDPM will powder a bit over time.

The best thing in my opinion , is to keep it clean, under a shed, out of the sun, and inspect and recaulk the seams, penetrations as needed. Use dicor caulk.

I go on my roofs bare foot, so i don't tear the room turning with shoes on, or leave black marks from the shoes.

Whatever products you use, research them to make sure they are not made with any petroleum ingredients. Or buy the Dicor brand.

I have been cleaning it and using the conditioner. but I thought it might be a good idea to put on a rubber roof coating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been cleaning it and using the conditioner. but I thought it might be a good idea to put on a rubber roof coating.

I have not used it, but if i was going to , i would use a dicor product. Dicor was one of the original rubber roof product makers.

This has good reviews, but i have only used dicor caulk. My previous tt was an 05, and i cleaned it like above, no conditioners or sealers, look good. It was stored out of the sun year round when not in use.

Here is a dicor product, i cannot vouch for it, but if i was going to use a coating, i'd use this.