New trailer tires

spasm3

Went with goodyear endurance, 2 years were all I wanted to go on off brand tires.
Date code. 6th week of 21.

Stock tire size was 205/75/14

Load rating was 2039 lbs.

I went one size larger 215/75/14 which is 1/2 inch taller but offers a load rating of 2205 lbs.

That's 650+ more load capacity on the set of 4 vs the OEM size..
I had them balanced.

Greased the EZ lube bearings while I had the tires off.
IMG_20210828_134636623_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210828_141009920.jpg
IMG_20210828_144315440.jpg

No white lettering? 🙁. A tire isn’t a tire without white lettering LOL. Maybe it’s just me but I like the style. I thought most Goodyear ones had them maybe not. My truck takes P205/75R14 and they are so hard to find. I was tempted to run trailer tires but that doesn’t seem like a good idea. And greasing bearings is definitely not an easy job either.

No white lettering? 🙁. A tire isn’t a tire without white lettering LOL. Maybe it’s just me but I like the style. I thought most Goodyear ones had them maybe not. My truck takes P205/75R14 and they are so hard to find. I was tempted to run trailer tires but that doesn’t seem like a good idea. And greasing bearings is definitely not an easy job either.
White letters would just not look right on a travel trailer, not this one anyway.
Actually greasing these bearings are easy.

These are Dexter E-Z-Lube axles. It's a special design by Dexter , and I think Lippert also has a version.
You attach the grease gun to the fitting and the grease flows through the center and lubes the inner and outer bearing races. You pump slowly until cleaner grease comes out.

Not to be confused with bearing buddies which only help keep water out. Those don't lube inner races.

I put those on our trailer a month ago, 205/75R15 including the spare. For $75 more for all 5 getting the top rated tires was worth it.

It's interesting that your longer and slightly heavier trailer uses 14" tires.

I have never seen such large inflation pressures molded into the sidewall. Nor, do I remember seeing a set pressure, but a range. They do look like good tires and more robust than past Goodyear trailer tires.

Last edited: