New tow vehicle

Trans temp was 167-170 all the way.
Maybe Dodge decided to let the ZF-8 in your truck run cooler. It does look like the regulated temp is 170F, let us know if you find that's the case.

That's one fine looking truck!

Just installed a backflip tonneau cover on my new ram.
This cover has water drain lines that fit through holes in the bed.

I didn't like the idea of draining water onto the frame under the bed, so I extended the drain lines to exit underneath the truck.
Heater hose would not fit through the holes in the bed, so I used tygon with the covers lines to fit through. I used heater hose on the bottom so it's not as noticeable.
IMG_20210905_101620796.jpg

IMG_20210905_095209769.jpg

IMG_20210905_095933560.jpg

IMG_20210905_101501260.jpg

IMG_20210905_095241498_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210905_101653839.jpg

I didn't like the idea of draining water onto the frame under the bed, so I extended the drain lines to exit underneath the truck.

I have a great appreciation for things done right! Now that's attention to detail! Very very nice.

I have a great appreciation for things done right! Now that's attention to detail! Very very nice.
Thanks, these things ( trucks) cost too much to just drain water willy nilly into cracks and crevices.

I'm actually not wild about the zip ties, but they work for now, no one will see them but me, but i wish i had a neater better method.

Any idea what would work better than zip ties?
Yes, you could find some of those automotive wire loom routing clips. You can find them on Amazon. It looks like you already have the holes for them.

I found those, the holes in my frame look too big to attach these.
1630896466755.png

But this might work with stainless bolts and a washer
1630896593394.png

I would suggest a hose clamp in place of the zip ties however that may scratch and scar the paint in each spot. You could get the worm gear style and unwind it and put it on and wind it back together.

Clean job. Agree these trucks cost so much it's stupid not to take good care of them and think things through. Did you get the hood protector?

FYI about zip ties, black ones are a lot more UV resistant that the natural white ones and last longer if outside.

I would put some marine grease on all the mating surfaces and bolt threads to keep em rust free :)
Nice, I will have route my front windshield drains in my Ford Transit. Right now, Driver side drains right on to the ECU and the pass side on to the air filter box, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

I would put some marine grease on all the mating surfaces and bolt threads to keep em rust free :)
Nice, I will have route my front windshield drains in my Ford Transit. Right now, Driver side drains right on to the ECU and the pass side on to the air filter box, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh
Im going to spray the underneath with a product recommended by a trusted bitog member. There are no rustproofing spray outfits here like Krown or Fluid film.

Probably Monday before I get it done. I waited till I had running boards installed , so they did not have to deal with a waxy oily undercarriage.
IMG_20210826_202002198.jpg

Clean job. Agree these trucks cost so much it's stupid not to take good care of them and think things through. Did you get the hood protector?

FYI about zip ties, black ones are a lot more UV resistant that the natural white ones and last longer if outside.
I have not yet. Was trying to decide between one that screws on under the hood vs the ones with the 3m tape.
Friends with the stick on ones seem to like them over the screw on. Less rattle they say.my Avalanche did have it screwed on under the hood and it did rattle, so I don't know.

Im going to spray the underneath with a product recommended by a trusted bitog member. There are no rustproofing spray outfits here like Krown or Fluid film.

Probably Monday before I get it done. I waited till I had running boards installed , so they did not have to deal with a waxy oily undercarriage.
Not sure of that product, but coating metal (dis-similar) will prevent galvanic corrosion and salt protection. I will do for my salt water fishing reels.