New sink in the trailer

ls1mike

Well since I fixed the the slide and did a top to bottom cleaning of the trailer, we decided we should change out the sink. We plan to keep it for 3 to 5 more years and then get a trailer that is just for the wife and I. Spoken no bunkhouse. Anyway here it is. The original sink was plastic. I melted it over 8 year ago first trip out with a Dutch Oven lid. Then years of use and some tie die t-shirt action left it stained. Replaced with a larger single basin stainless still sink.
Really happy with the results.
20201231_154535.jpg

20201231_153913.jpg

20201231_153931.jpg

20201231_154916.jpg

That! Looks awesome!

I like the sink with no dividers, our home sink has no divider. I may have to think about this change for ours!

Nice! The stainless looks great!

Are all of the fixtures and plumbing standard household sizes?

[edit] It looks like you were able to reuse the faucet?

As a side note, we upgraded the sink in our home kitchen from a split like your old one was to a single farmhouse style. We really like the ability to get larger items into the sink and don't miss the split.

Standard inch and a half stuff for the drain. All household fittings for the faucet. I got the sink, new faucet and drain at Lowes for like 140.00.

I do not like split sinks, my house is next.

Original faucet was plastic, the new one is a Delta that was normally 120.00 on closeout for 49.99. The sink was 64.00 dollars and the drain was like 10.00 dollars.
I did have to rework some of the drain plumbing going from double to single and I did have to cut the opening larger as my old sink was 25 x 17. The new one is 25 x 22.

Well worth it as I just updated some vinyl coverings in the trailer as well. Looks new inside. So glad I didn't throw in the towel with the slide problem.

So the whole trailer is sealed, wheel bearings packed, slide out fixed and interior updated a bit. :) I think we are going going camping the 3 day weekend in Jan.

Yeah really glad I am not trading this one in yet. It is still a good unit for what we do with it right now.

Well, ls1mike has inspired me to change out my sink, started today. Breaking out the jigsaw!

What are you going to replace it with?

Is the white square thing with the sawdust on it the sink water heater?

What are you going to replace it with?

Is the white square thing with the sawdust on it the sink water heater?
Yes water heater. I've got to vacuum all that out, but ran out of daylight.

I'm going to put in a single basin deeper stainless steel sink.

Close fit with the drawers and spice rack.

Wow does that make a big difference! We had a split kitchen sink in the house and replaced it with a farmhouse single basin style and like the larger wash area much better.

Going to use the same faucet?

Nice work. Never installed a sink before. I’m a mechanic not a plumber or sink installer 😆🙂. I couldn’t tell you the first thing about plumbing.

Wow does that make a big difference! We had a split kitchen sink in the house and replaced it with a farmhouse single basin style and like the larger wash area much better.

Going to use the same faucet?
I think so, it works fine and has a pull down flexible head, so its going back in.

Next i will have to make a new wooden cutting board top for it.
Very handy! Our Airstream had a plastic cutting board that fit over the sink. I think we used it every time we used our trailer. We always cut on the back side of the board, so the top side (visible) didn't have any cut marks.

Finished install of the sink. We can't wait to use it. Btw they use abs for drain pipe. My local stores did not have any black abs tail pieces.
The white pvc is the same , and works just as well.

I put a gallon rv antifreeze jug in the sink for reference so you can see how much deeper it is.

In the last picture you will see water lines under the sink. There is little tension on them but they will rub the bottom of the sink, especially with travel. I will use some split wire loom covers on those.
IMG_20210422_192258946_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210422_192320847.jpg
IMG_20210422_192337330_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210422_192413464.jpg
IMG_20210422_192419798.jpg