New Orleans

Mbacfp

Stayed at French Quarter RV Resort, which is right in the middle of New Orleans.

20220623_155417.jpg

20220623_155406.jpg

Interesting place. A lot of History. Ended up Ubering due to parking costs (was cheaper to do). Have a lot more pictures. Did an airboat tour and haunted house tour with kids.

We will definitely have to stay there when we visit New Orleans, didn't even know it is there. The satellite view shows it's pretty close to I-10, do you hear much road noise?

top.jpg

We will definitely have to stay there when we visit New Orleans, didn't even know it is there. The satellite view shows it's pretty close to I-10, do you hear much road noise?

View attachment 1291
We stayed on the row right across the street from Paul Piazza. You can hear the freeway but don't recall it being a problem. It was super hot and had the AC on so no comment on freeway sound from inside motorhome.

Only thing, there was a lot of homeless living under the 10 freeway, so you drive by when you go in and out. Otherwise no complaints.

Last edited:
Did you take your kids to Bourbon Street? I remember starting to walk down Bourbon Street with my kids when they were pretty young. We walked about a block and I turned them around and walked right back out. There was a lot of adult stuff going on that I strongly preferred they didn't see.

Did you take your kids to Bourbon Street? I remember starting to walk down Bourbon Street with my kids when they were pretty young. We walked about a block and I turned them around and walked right back out. There was a lot of adult stuff going on that I strongly preferred they didn't see.
Not my cup of tea, but glad we did it. Only adult stuff was people screaming profanities. Believe we did walk around Bourbon street at some point.

20220624_170035.jpg

20220624_165456.jpg

20220624_165451.jpg

20220623_161441.jpg
20220623_161437.jpg
20220623_160925.jpg

Nice, would have never guessed there would be camping there. Did you feel safe after dark?

Where the pictures of the large stone buildings on the Tulane campus? I remember how pretty Tulane was when we went there.

That's pretty darn close to the gators!

Nice, would have never guessed there would be camping there. Did you feel safe after dark?
The place has gated 24 hour security and barbed wire along the walls surrounding the campground. Never felt unsafe inside.