Neighbor's new RV

Azjeff

An older RV showed up in front of the neighbor's house down the street a bit. When we took the dogs for the morning walk I noticed it had a paper temp tag in the back window. I brought our trailer over to wash it, change the mattress and do some things. He had his little pressure washer out and went over it top to bottom for at least 2 hours. He walked over at noon and offered use of his pressure washer since he saw me hand washing ours, and tell me about his RV. Turns out it's a 1998 Winnebago 32' with a 454 that he paid a dealer $33,000 for. :oops: On his way home from Phoenix with it a tire blew and he sat for 7 hours until AAA got someone out to change it for him. The first guy who came after 3 hours couldn't work on big stuff. He's leaving for Flagstaff in the morning for a couple of days to try it out then when he gets back he's getting all new tires. I was thinking he has that sequence wrong. Also told me some of his misadventures with previous RVs and travel trailers.

$33,000 for a 1998? Ouch.

Turns out it's a 1998 Winnebago 32' with a 454 that he paid a dealer $33,000 for. :oops:
That sounds like a sign of the times. It seems like all RV prices are sky high.

He's leaving for Flagstaff in the morning for a couple of days to try it out then when he gets back he's getting all new tires. I was thinking he has that sequence wrong.
...and I'll bet the remaining tires are severely aged and are also blowout hazards. I'm glad we won't be driving anywhere near him.

Did I read that correctly $33,000? 😧. My grandma gave $5,000 for her 1989 Alegro in 2017 IIRC and I believe it was $16,000 for her 2005 Ford in 2017 can’t remember what package it had on it. Both are gone now the 1989 I would of never drove on the road after all the work I seen it needed. I redone the whole brake system and hydraulic system on it before she sold it back to the guy who she bought it from. We have always wanted an RV now I know why we don’t have one.

Update: He cleaned and messed around with it all day yesterday and more this morning and when I came by at 11:30 he had his little trailer with his Harley loaded up. He left sometime after lunch after the roads got warmed up nicely for his tires. Going to have to hear the story when he gets back.

Hot, old, dry rotted, weather checked tires, what could go wrong?

blowout.jpg