Need a new sewer hose - which is a quality brand?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We need a second sewer hose. The hose we used with the Airstream was good quality, but I have no idea what brand it is. Anyone have a quality brand recommendation?

A lot of people get to the campground and get everything set up, including putting out the sewer hose.

I don't do that. I keep the hose put away until i need to drain the greywater , or dump the tanks before leaving. This keeps the hose out of the sun, and less susceptible to damage from kids, bikes etc. Seems to last longer, far few hours in the sun this way. On my previous camper, my hose was 10 years old when i replaced it, it was fine, i just worried about its age and did not want to have a black tank accident.

Last edited:
I have 2 of these, so far they are great. I did not care for the large adapter so i bought a rhino as it breaks down smaller and fits in my homemade hose carrier.

Ordered - thank you!!

A lot of people get to the campground and get everything set up, including putting out the sewer hose.

I don't do that. I keep the hose put away until i need to drain the greywater , or dump the tanks before leaving. This keeps the hose out of the sun, and less susceptible to damage from kids, bikes etc.
That's a great idea, I'm guilty of always setting everything up as soon as we get there.

Everything I know, I learned from someone else :)

When you get that set, examine the sewer connector , it just feels weak to me and compared to the hoses, i just didn't like it, and ordered the rhino adapter.

IMG_20200503_093855184.jpg

Our last cheap hose lasted at least 8 years, not sure how as it came with the RV and it's 16 years old. Just got another from Walmart and actually seems to built better than the last cheap hose. We also have another that's thicker, longer and stretches but I don't use it often since it's a pain to use. I also built a holder for both hoses.

IMG_4434.JPG

Are the bungee straps holding the holder up or are they keeping the ends on?

Are the bungee straps holding the holder up or are they keeping the ends on?
Just keeping the end caps on... some use hinges and hooks but that was the cheap and easy way to do it. The poles I used metal strap to connect to the frame and vinyl floor for spacers

Our last cheap hose lasted at least 8 years, not sure how as it came with the RV and it's 16 years old. Just got another from Walmart and actually seems to built better than the last cheap hose. We also have another that's thicker, longer and stretches but I don't use it often since it's a pain to use. I also built a holder for both hoses.

View attachment 1071
I made hinges and a clasp. I used rivets backed with washers.
IMG_20210814_184155843.jpg
IMG_20210814_184051352.jpg
IMG_20210814_184101044.jpg