Need a new mattress in our Airstream

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We have slept over 100 nights in our Airstream and the mattress that came with the trailer from Airstream is terrible and has to go. The original mattress has never been comfortable, but the last couple weeks we spent in the trailer, sleeping was very uncomfortable. The foam has collapsed and it feels like sleeping on plywood, because we pretty much are. This highlights pretty well how bad the mattress quality is that comes with a new RV.

Has anyone replaced the mattress in your RV? There are a hundred sites out there selling RV short queens, any ideas on how to sort through the noise?

We got one at a local place called Mattress Ranch. I think it was 400 dollars. It has been really nice. We wanted to try them out first.

We got one at a local place called Mattress Ranch
Great thought. We have a local mattress manufacturer named Verlo. I called and got an appointment with the guy who actually makes the mattresses. Hopefully they can make what we want for a reasonable price.

We have a local company that we used. The original mattress factory. They made it to our width and length and even gatched it so it bent easier to get in the under bed area.

My advice when shopping is to lay the mattress on the floor and try it. The mattress sitting on box springs is not a good measure of what it will feel like in your rv with no box springs. Ours is a bit firmer than i like , because i did not do this.

My advice when shopping is to lay the mattress on the floor and try it. The mattress sitting on box springs is not a good measure of what it will feel like in your rv with no box springs. Ours is a bit firmer than i like , because i did not do this.
Good point!