Living on the edge

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite Aunt sent me this picture, saying that we shouldn't try this because we don't have a Jeep. Our Chevy could do better than their Ford. :rolleyes:

ontheedge.jpg

My favorite Aunt sent me this picture, saying that we shouldn't try this because we don't have a Jeep. Our Chevy could do better than their Ford. :rolleyes:

You would need our Ford to pull your Chevy up to that road..............Of course T would be by himself, you would NEVER catch me up there!

Last edited by a moderator:
That picture is the stuff of nightmares. I have to wonder if it has been modified, and if not, where is it?

That has to be photo shopped. My I believe my aunt knows Photoshop well :)

God I love the internet:

Apparently, that picture is from a Warn ad.

"Okay P.I. retards! Here's what I found out:

I first contacted John Rush (owner of John's 4x4) in Boulder, CO. He actually has this exact Warn poster on his showroom floor. Here is what he said:

"Craig,

I do not know where this was taken but I do know that it is a "cropped"
picture. The trail was wider than what the picture shows.

John Rush"

===

I also contacted Warn, and here is what they said:

"Craig,

That was not an actual trail rather than just crafty placement of a vehicle on the side of a forest service road up in the North Cascades (Washington) assisted by some photo editing.

Todd Wright
Warn Technical Service Representative"

I love being blamed for all kinds of things! There was a time people actually did things like that on purpose, or to just prove they are crazy. Plus I would have to see the real thing to give any type of comment on the reality of it.