Lincoln Rock state park.

ls1mike

Pictures speak for themselves.
20210527_160324.jpg
20210529_203947.jpg
20210528_074910.jpg
20210527_200626.jpg
20210529_203807.jpg

Right on the Columbia River, look gorgeous! You are a very short distance from the Rocky Reach Dam, have you ever toured it?

We toured it pre covid. It was awesome. Almost took a job at Grand Coulee when I got out of the Navy

I would love to tour one of the big dams on the Columbia. We'll have to do that when we get out there and hopefully that will be sooner than later!

We have stayed in the little cabins there many times. Bring your bikes!! Hot in the summer, can be windy. But spring and fall = awesome!

I just did one, well in 2022. I forget the name of the place. They have a "Museum" inside. It was nice.

Edit: Rocky Ridge Damn Discovery Center.

Discovery center.
Of course we saw that. Neato. But I'm talking about INSIDE the dam. Around the turbines and generators. Next to transformers. Grand Coulee and Hoover, were awesome for example. All this before 9/11. Rocky Ridge is a cool dam, but no inside tours.

First time I saw inside Hoover was 1967. 9 years old. That leaves an impression.

First time I saw inside Hoover was 1967. 9 years old. That leaves an impression.
I was about the same age and haven't been the same since :)

I've been inside Hoover twice and it never gets old. Can you imagine that they designed the whole dam on slide rules and it was all drafted on paper?