It’s a Dog’s Life (in an RV)

Lots of room with that huge slide! The backsplash is beautiful, you made a great choice with that tile.

My husband and I are on a quest to visit as much of the magnificent USA as possible in our 5th wheel! Our sidekicks are Shandy, a 20-month-old female Chocolate Lab and Finley, a 6-month-old male Black Lab. (don't worry, that orange wall is NOT in our trailer!)

View attachment 694

Shandy has had quite a few travels with us in our Airstream already (which we just sold) – Texas, Colorado, Tennessee, Montana, Wisconsin and Michigan to name just a few. Finley will be starting his adventures this summer in our brand-spankin’ new New Horizons Summit 37 foot 5th wheel.

Being on the road with our pups brings us a lot of enjoyment, but let’s be real – also some challenges!

I’m hoping to start a conversation dedicated to all things Dogs & RV! How to keep them exercised while traveling? Where can they hike with their humans, and where can’t they? What products make traveling with dogs easier and safer?

Drop a comment if you’ve got a topic you’d like the conversation to begin with. And, please share your best rv-ing / camping pics with your fur-babies, and any helpful hints! Check back soon for updates!
Great topic! And beautiful dogs! We would not think of going camping without our furry family members!

Our boston terrier is about 2 years old. Our Shepard is 15.
3727.jpeg
3731.jpeg

She looks really tall! Nice dog!
Yes she is definitely tall! Have no clue how long she is I can’t remember 😆. She is 3 years old will be 4 in August. She is very strong and big for her age the vet says this is one of the biggest female labs they have ever seen for her age.

Our shepard has trouble getting up due to age. Fortunately, our trailer has 2 entry doors. We place a pet ramp at one entrance , he would not be able to go with us without it. It will hold I think 150-200lbs.
IMG_20200523_182700220.jpg

Our shepard has trouble getting up due to age. Fortunately, our trailer has 2 entry doors. We place a pet ramp at one entrance , he would not be able to go with us without it. It will hold I think 150-200lbs.
View attachment 715

Our 13 year old Golden needed a ramp as well. Depending on the site, it can be a long step up.

20200701_105820.jpg

He used to lay on the back bed and look out the rear window. He loved traveling.

Who is this? And what's his or her favorite thing about camping with you?
Watson, he likes to be anywhere we are. He and our 15 year old shepard , get excited when we get the camper out.

Watson likes looking out the window as we drive , and sleeping at the campsite.

This is Maizey, our 2-3 yo rescue from the local shelter. She is as spoiled as they come, but very smart, somewhat retarded, and just all-around a good little pup.

She's been a great companion. Loves checking out new places with us, but if there is someplace she can't go, she has no problem just chilling out in the nice cool AC and napping, usually on every single bed in the place. She will actually dig out my pillow and lay on it, even if I bury it under a comforter.

IMG_20230826_213100951.jpg

IMG_20230921_190404963.jpg

IMG_20230923_171756135.jpg

IMG_20220627_235804666_HDR.jpg

She's been a great companion. Loves checking out new places with us, but if there is someplace she can't go, she has no problem just chilling out in the nice cool AC and napping, usually on every single bed in the place. She will actually dig out my pillow and lay on it, even if I bury it under a comforter.
That's like Shandy. If you leave a bedroom door open, I swear she has door radar and will be on the bed within minutes. She must have the ultimate in comfort.