Ideas to keep door hinge from squeaking?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
I have used several spray lubes on our 5th wheel door so it doesn't squeak. The problem is it only takes a few days before it starts squeaking again. If it rains, it will start squeaking the next day. I've even tried dry graphite spray lube and lithium spray grease. Nothing seems to last for more than a short time.

Hrm, just spitballing here.

Heat it up with a little micro torch and melt some wax in it? Or some 'solid' form of lube?

Heat it up with a little micro torch and melt some wax in it?
They are painted, so can't use a torch.

Or some 'solid' form of lube?
Spray on graphite is really amazing stuff, but I don't think I'm getting enough in the hinge. Maybe I could pull the pin and spray it down good. That is if the pins are pullable.

These hinge pins aren’t removable.

IMG_3873.jpeg

IMG_3874.jpeg

IMG_3875.jpeg

I think nothing short of getting the pins out, pressing in a Delrin bushing and some spacers would keep it from squeaking if the lube isn't staying put.

Invent a 'wet bolt' door hinge kit. :)

Could you remove the hinges from the trailer and the door and soak them in a pan of thin lube? Maybe even heat it up in the oven when the boss is out shopping?

That seems like too much work.

I was born at night, but it wasn't last night.

You need to put your foot down and tell her who's boss.

I've found the best thing to do that is to wait until she's out of the house and far out of earshot. That seems to be the safest way to re-assert your dominance.

I've found the best thing to do that is to wait until she's out of the house and far out of earshot. That seems to be the safest way to re-assert your dominance.
I'll get right on it... :)

:oops:

I'm the boss.......right dear? He'd rather listen to the squeak.

Did you try a straight silicone spray that's very low viscosity?

Did you notice the fancy paint scheme didn't include the squeaky hinges?