How to winterize residential fridge with icemaker?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
Our new 5th wheel will have a residential fridge with an icemaker. How does one winterize a residential fridge?

I don't know! I'm wondering if there is a way to use air as you cycle the icemaker.

But, being residential. how do you keep it cold going down the road? I assume residential means no propane cooling or 12v.

Is there a built in inverter to cool it from tow vehicle 12v?

But, being residential. how do you keep it cold going down the road? I assume residential means no propane cooling or 12v.

Is there a built in inverter to cool it from tow vehicle 12v?
Yes, there is an inverter dedicated to supplying the fridge with 120v and four 6 volt AGM batteries to run the fridge when the tow vehicle isn't running or you're not on shore power.

I bet the space of that refrigerator will be nice. Weekend trips are one thing, but a week long trip and you can see the disadvantage of most rv fridges.

I bet the space of that refrigerator will be nice. Weekend trips are one thing, but a week long trip and you can see the disadvantage of most rv fridges.
Yes, we mostly go on full week or longer trips and like to do almost all of our own cooking. The space in the fridge and freezer will be nice!