How Often To Sanitize ?

spasm3

How often do you Sanitize you water system?

I do on every outing. Some of my friends, one or twice a season.

Am I overboard ?

Great question with many internet opinions. I will admit right here, right now that I have never sanitized our freshwater system in any way. Why you ask? Because before we go on any trip, we fill the tank with city treated water. I consider filling with treated water to be my treatment. Do you think I should do more? Opinions welcome.

Ahh city water is slightly chlorinated.

I'm on a well, so water left sitting is not chlorinated.

I generally put 1/4 cup bleach per 15 gallons and run that through out the day before. If I am in a hurry and it's the night before 1/2 cup per 15 gallons.

On city water, I don't see the need to do it often, maybe once at the beginning of the camping season.
I guess I will continue to do it every outing, since my trips are usually a couple of weeks apart.

Maybe I should sanitize at the beginning of the season, especially since our trailer never gets below 60°F in the winter. Now you've got me thinking bad things.... ugh...

I sanitize it with bleach-water every first outing of the year. My city water is chlorinated so I don't worry about it during the year.

I sanitize it with bleach-water every first outing of the year. My city water is chlorinated so I don't worry about it during the year.
I think this is a good idea and what I'll do going forward - thanks

Since my water is not chlorinated, any disadvantages to the plumbing if i sanitize for 24 hrs before every outing?