here yall go.. Broken Morryd parts...

MSCH

and with the broken device installed in trailer with weight on it, you can't even tell it is thoroughly broken..

as it looks with weight on it.

IMG_0414.JPG

without MorRyd admitting fault, they do sell these in place of the SRE 4000. so I went with 2 new upgrades as well as 4 new Carlisle tires..

IMG_0416.JPG

I'm no engineer, but the SRE4000 just looks wrong/weak.

The whole ordeal didn't leave you stranded did it?

The center pedestal is what broke?

yeah, it was broke, but I didn't know it either until I disconnected the unit. then it fell apart.. if you look at the top picture, the left side of the device is broken.... the weight is on the device, and you can't see the fact the center is broken... but as soon as I pulled the bolts out the whole thing fell apart.. couldn't see the broken center pedestal until I took it apart.. realistically, the only thing holding the springs together were the thru bolts on each of the outer ends of the leaf springs.. gravity and weight of the trailer was the only thing hold the center part together. Realistically I have no way of knowing how long it has been broken, it wasn't apparent until disassembly but I did have some strange tire wear on that side..

gravity and weight of the trailer was the only thing hold the center part together.
That's pretty scary! It's a wonder the whole side didn't collapse. What a mess that would have been on the Alaska highway.

That's pretty scary! It's a wonder the whole side didn't collapse. What a mess that would have been on the Alaska highway.
it would have been a mess anywhere it failed... but it didn't fail, so I count myself lucky... and its just another one of the many things I will throw in my memory bank of things to keep an eye on... funny how I've been doing this RV thing for a number of years but I keep finding new things out. Lucky for me it was broken but didn't go anywhere.

its worth saying I am pretty diligent about checking a trailer and the truck... I sort of do a pre trip inspection everytime I walk around the trailer... if I stop for gas I look at it, it I stop to eat, I look at the trailer and the hitch.. and still things happen.

its worth saying I am pretty diligent about checking a trailer and the truck... I sort of do a pre trip inspection everytime I walk around the trailer... if I stop for gas I look at it, it I stop to eat, I look at the trailer and the hitch.. and still things happen.
Did you see my BITOG thread about the missing receiver pin?

You can bet your life I check it every time I stop now.

Did you see my BITOG thread about the missing receiver pin?

You can bet your life I check it every time I stop now.

yeah.. stuff gets stolen. I doubt you forgot that.. but you might have. never know and then thinking about the what ifs is a cause of OCD

We were at the RV dealer in Palm Beach a few years back and a customer was picking up a brand new bumper pull trailer.
they got it all hooked up and went to pull away and the trailer dropped to the ground in the parking lot..
the buyers forget to put that pin in the hitch and the RV sellers didn;t catch the fact either.
lucky for all involved they hadn't moved ten feet and the trailer made a soft but loud landing.