Hello from Kansas

esmith2039

Had our 05 Jayco Escapade 28zslp for 8 years now.. put 60k on it from Canada to Key West and so far only the west coast. Alaska is planned for next year maybe. Interesting tidbit the first day I came home from the hospital I stayed in my grandparents dodge class c... mom and dad didn't have AC and it was the only option! And maybe that's why I love RV's and traveling :LOL:
IMG_5886.JPG

Sounds like you actually utilize your RV - that's fantastic!

Yeah, it sounds like you were 'born' to RV :)

Glad to have you here!

Do you have camping plans for this summer?

Sounds like you actually utilize your RV - that's fantastic!

Yeah, it sounds like you were 'born' to RV :)

Glad to have you here!

Do you have camping plans for this summer?
Thanks!! Camping summer plans are almost over for the summer 😢😀 Couple weeks ago went out to California for a few days then back to the Tetons/Yellowstone/Craters of the Moon/Salt Lake. Was going to do more in Colorado but had some brake issues and didn't want to chance it.

Oh I got pictures not alot since I did a mixture of videos.. Craters of the Moon was pretty interesting. I wouldn't mind staying the night at the campground someday.
IMG_6365.JPG
IMG_6389.JPG

Can't forget the tow car!
IMG_6394.JPG

IMG_6399.JPG

IMG_6442.JPG

Tetons from the Lodge..
IMG_6478.JPG

Yellowstone.. a few..
IMG_6484.JPG

IMG_6506.JPG

Craters of the Moon
Recommend walking up this if you can!
IMG_6529.JPG

IMG_6539.JPG

Awesome pictures! I'm surprised there is still that much snow on the Tetons! I really like the rustic barn picture with the snow capped mountains in the background.

Nice looking family!

We stayed in Arco, ID, just a few miles down the road and didn't go to Craters... darn. We'll have to go back!

Welcome to the Forum from Roanoke Virginia. Great pictures and trip stories. You have the type of RV that I like the smaller one that’s drivable. Being a mechanic and car guy I’m curious as to what that bright yellow car is? Definitely not one that’s common in the USA. 🙂

We stayed in Arco, ID, just a few miles down the road and didn't go to Craters... darn. We'll have to go back!
Arco itself was pretty neat.. I'd like to go back and do some more exploring. Nuclear City was closed still due to covid so didn't get to see it. Should of drove to Atomic City also.

Welcome to the Forum from Roanoke Virginia. Great pictures and trip stories. You have the type of RV that I like the smaller one that’s drivable. Being a mechanic and car guy I’m curious as to what that bright yellow car is? Definitely not one that’s common in the USA. 🙂
Thanks! Yeah that's what we discuss frequently.. we've thought that our next one would be a big Class A but it would really limit us on our stops. We'd have to find a place to stop and take the car off what a pain. My wife surprised me when she said I kinda like the idea of a Class B. That's a 91 Ford Festiva, you don't see very many these days. It was quite the topic of discussion about everywhere we went. Got 44mpg around Yellowstone and only lost 0.01mpg on the RV pulling it.

That's a 91 Ford Festiva
My high school friend had a Festiva in the late 80s and would give me a ride home from football practice. That's the last time I was in a Festiva and I don't think I've seen one on the road for at least 10 years. It's the perfect car to tow behind your RV, light weight and if it gets a rock chip, you don't really care.

Thanks! Yeah that's what we discuss frequently.. we've thought that our next one would be a big Class A but it would really limit us on our stops. We'd have to find a place to stop and take the car off what a pain. My wife surprised me when she said I kinda like the idea of a Class B. That's a 91 Ford Festiva, you don't see very many these days. It was quite the topic of discussion about everywhere we went. Got 44mpg around Yellowstone and only lost 0.01mpg on the RV pulling it.
Hopefully it’s a stick 😄. It’s always funny at work all the young people besides me can’t drive one lol. Definitely a rarity these days heck I was thinking it was an import lol. It kinda matches my beetle but the beetle is just a tad bit lighter I believe.

Yeah it's a manual. This Festiva isn't in the best shape and it has a salvage title so yeah not too worried about bumps and bruises. Might get one in better shape someday and lift this one a couple inches to play around some.