Heard of it- first time seeing limits on age for RV to stay at park

GON

I have heard RV parks may limit who can stay based on the age of their RV, but never saw anything in writing- not that I was searching.

I am looking for a place to store three trailers and three pickups starting OOA MAY 2024, likely in Southern Arizona. On Tucson craigslist I came across a listing that stated "no RVs over 20 years", and for an area I suspect is not a "in demand" area.

Quiet large space for a travel trailer or class c or small A with 30 amp service, wifi water etc
200 yards from Saguaro National Park West
Available immediately
Newer trailer, maximum age 20 years old 325 a month plus utilities, electric, water and trash…approximately 100 a month
Starlink Wifi 40 a month

Max Trailer size 28 foot
Must be under 20 years old

250 deposit required for cables, refundable

Yes, an RV age limit is fairly common at higher end parks. I've even seen a few parks that only accept class A motor coaches less than 10 years old.

We have been at an RV park that said no RVs over 10 years old, but clearly allowed some. The old RVs they allowed were pristine and the tow vehicles were new or fairly new.

Mostly the rule is about being able to keep trashy looking trailers and tow vehicles out.

By all means we wouldn't want a young family parked beside our $400k motor coach... they should be dry camping.

Some years ago we stayed at the Tucson KOA and we were definitely the smallest and oldest trailer there with our 1997 Coachmen. Surprised they let us in.

GON if you buy a salvage unit make sure you get all the wrinkles out.

I've heard of it but never ran into it yet. Probably because I keep ours in good shape.. also Chevy hasn't changed the Express since 03 so unless they look at the door tag would be hard to tell.