Has anyone stayed at an RV park that requires a sewer hose support?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We stayed at Palm Creek in Casa Grande, AZ last winter. The day we arrived a steward came around to welcome us and let us know some of the rules of the house. Most of the rules were common sense, but one I had never heard of. We were required to have a sewer hose support. We didn't have one because I think they are kind of silly and because we had never been required to have one. I had to go to the local Walmart to get one.

Has anyone stayed at a park where they required you to have a sewer hose support? I can't imagine why they would require the support.

43061_1.jpg

Required? No. Necessary? Several. Well, let me back up the necessary part. Seems like in the southeast most all the parks think its a good idea to have the drain poking out of the ground several inches. Raising your hose up usually makes it easier to drain, although you could do it without.

Sometimes it isn't enough though, so at best it just helps a little.

I wonder if they are concerned with leaking if you dump and then don't pick the hose up and chase what's in there down the drain?

FWIW, that support in the pic is the same one I have. It's ok. Not great, but not the worst piece ever.

never used it
worth saying I have the stinky slinky support mechanism you pictured, but it is in the box it came in.
people use those when they are more or less parked long term, I have never been asked to use one.

I wonder if they are concerned with leaking if you dump and then don't pick the hose up and chase what's in there down the drain?
That's the only reasonable thing I can think of.

If the hose started to leak and it were laying on the ground, you may not notice the leak. If the hose is elevated, then you would possibly see the leak.

I did ask the steward and he said he had no idea :)

Never ran across this requirement. I don't have one. Its another dirty item to store. If the campground required it, i'd just not hook up the sewer hose until i needed to dump the tank, then put it back up. If you have a unit with a washer/dryer, i could see having to leave it connected. I can go a weekend on grey water, much longer on black tank.

Even with full hookups, some trips i don't put the hose out until i need to dump the tank. Saves it baking in the sun.

If the campground required it, i'd just not hook up the sewer hose until i needed to dump the tank, then put it back up. If you have a unit with a washer/dryer, i could see having to leave it connected.
That's what I did until I got tired of handling the hose (about a week). We were there for 6 weeks.