getting ready to roll

MSCH

new tires getting ready for their first real ride... fixed the load levelers... played around a bit with the Timbrens.. washed RV. checked all the this and thats. seems to be ready.
took a pic.

IMG_0453.JPG

Nice looking rig! I would like to use your picture as an example of how to level a rig. I swear we see so many trailers and 5th wheels that are not even close to being level.

Where are you rolling to next?

Nice looking rig! I would like to use your picture as an example of how to level a rig. I swear we see so many trailers and 5th wheels that are not even close to being level.

Where are you rolling to next?
heading to Hendersonville NC.. stop for a day at inlaws in NFL, then stay one day in or around Macon GA... because you cant get in the place were heading to after dark and its tough to get to Hendersonville from NFLA in one day anmd get there before sundown.... basically going up there to help a family friend clean up and declutter her house and just get away.. . staying at Blue Ridge Travel Park, been there before, nothing fancy but its close to friends house.. https://www.blueridgetravelpark.com/

yeah, I've seen people with lifted trucks with mall crawler wheels pulling trailers and wonder how that works out, trailer doing a wheelie couldn't handle properly. As I've gotten older I've gotten away from what looks good and learned to do what works best.
ie stock tires, stock ride height, added Timbrens for overload capacity... have the fifth wheel tailgate now on the truck, always wanted one, now I have one.. don't have to open and close the tailgate anymore.

I'm always amazed when I see 2500 series trucks barreling down the interstate with their headlights pointed in the trees pulling relatively light bumper pulls. Aways makes me think of another forum where they just wave their hands and say 'you're ok' if you're rolling with a 2500-3500 truck and any sort of bumper-pull, and then don't bother to explain that you still need to go through proper setup with it.

As I've gotten older I've gotten away from what looks good and learned to do what works best.
You speak my language!

I have zero interest in modifying the truck in any way. Mine is set up exactly as it came out of the factory, other than two minor changes. First, a riser block to keep the TMAP sensor out of the soot stream.

Second, the Centramatics on all four corners, they really make the truck smooth, as in zero wheel vibration.

Agreed.... mostly.

Depends on the truck, mine came with 'offroad' shocks that turned out to be good at nothing really. Not sure what Ford was thinking. Shocks and bumpstops only for me. Nothing else needed changing. Certainly not jacking the truck up or slamming it to the ground.

Third item I forgot. Air bags to get some weight off the rear springs to reduce their spring rate to get a better ride.

Third item I forgot. Air bags to get some weight off the rear springs to reduce their spring rate to get a better ride.

yeah, I went with Timbrens... I don't know about the ride, LOL. but they are simple and they work.
Agreed.... mostly.

Depends on the truck, mine came with 'offroad' shocks that turned out to be good at nothing really. Not sure what Ford was thinking. Shocks and bumpstops only for me. Nothing else needed changing. Certainly not jacking the truck up or slamming it to the ground.

Thats not really the stuff I mean, bolt on stuff is just a replacement of something else.. its the stuff you see some people have done to their truck that actually takes away from it's usefulness just to make it look better while realistically offering a performance reduction. That is the stuff I am talking about.. I seen a local guy towing construction equipment on my street with a F250 with 38 inch tires and thought to myself, if that is the guys business truck I would not hire him just because it is apparent he is a bonehead. :)

trying to think what has been done to my truck since I bought it in 16
Tekonsha brake controller
running boards
seat covers
60 gal auxiliary tank
fifth wheel tailgate
Timbrens on the rear
and a stock "weight reduction" tune when the DEF pump failed.

I seen a local guy towing construction equipment on my street with a F250 with 38 inch tires and thought to myself, if that is the guys business truck I would not hire him just because it is apparent he is a bonehead.
I have had the same thoughts. I don't want to hire someone for a job and see a diesel bro show up. Biased, yes, but that's my thoughts.

I have had the same thoughts. I don't want to hire someone for a job and see a diesel bro show up. Biased, yes, but that's my thoughts.
You're not the only one. There's a big bro'ed out 250 that I see stomping around advertising a local tint shop. No way I'd take my car there.

There's also a local septic company that rolls around in brand-spanking new trucks, including the big shiny new jacked up F250 the owner/manager drives. I had to use them in an emergency one time and it was as you would expect, total ripoff. Quote me one price and then when they've got the yard dug up they find 'another problem' and double that price.

Last edited:
Our outfit is sitting in front of the house getting ready for a couple of days at Lost Dutchman State Park just east of the Phoenix suburbs. We're slowly visiting all of the State Parks in Az. Lost Dutchman SP 70s/50s there compared to 50s/20s here. The only 2 mods I've done to this truck are the nerf steps and a trans dipstick. Stock is best when you're traveling.

IMG_2508.jpg

Jeeps are another story. Nobody lets a Jeep stock.
IMG_1891.jpg