Carlsbad Caverns

Mbacfp

I'm heading out to New Mexico tomorrow (Monday) to visit the Caverns and other surrounding areas. Doing about 400 miles the first two days and checking in on Wednesday. Hope everyone is well and will get some pictures.

I'm wanting to do a trip to tennessee to see the larger caverns there! Was talking about this the other day with Mrs Spasm.

I'm wanting to do a trip to tennessee to see the larger caverns there! Was talking about this the other day with Mrs Spasm.

Very cool. Hoping the bats are still there...they leave mid October I'm told. This will be a 2,000 mile round trip. Will have to look into Tennessee Caverns as well for future trips. Thanks.

Very cool. Hoping the bats are still there...they leave mid October I'm told. This will be a 2,000 mile round trip. Will have to look into Tennessee Caverns as well for future trips. Thanks.
I would love to see pics.

Jealous! We have cancelled a trip to Carlsbad twice now. Maybe we'll be able to get down there in the spring of 2022. Looking forward to hearing about the caverns and seeing your picture!

Went through Texas briefly from Deming, NM to Carlsbad, NM. Here are some pictures from Texas part of drive.

Resized_20210929_100346.jpg

Resized_20210929_100359.jpg

Thanks for the pictures! I'm way behind posting our Rocky Mountain NP pictures and we're getting more in Zion, Grand Canyon, and Petrified Forest over the next couple weeks.

Fully loaded and towing Durango I averaged 8.5-8.8 mpg. 65-75 mph on highways...55-65 on grades.

Stayed in Buckeye, AZ...which is nearby to Luke Airforce Base. Saw a lot of F35s flying over our campsite. Good first night stay over.

That looks pretty awesome!

We will definitely go to the falls when we visit the area.

How long of a drive is it from Carlsbad?

That looks pretty awesome!

We will definitely go to the falls when we visit the area.

How long of a drive is it from Carlsbad?

It was about 40 minutes from where I am staying. Caverns tomorrow, which is 60 miles away.

Now I can't wait for a trip to the caverns! It's a shame we cancelled twice.

Were there crowds? We just got back from Zion and Grand Canyon and found only light crowds, much different than visiting during peak.