Calculations on how far the Tesla Cybertruck could pull our 5th wheel trailer

I have the diesel version of this tank. I bought it as a prelude to an aux tank. I can go from the QC’s to Rochester MN and back on my stock tank and this device. I’d still like to have a true aux tank that’s 40 gallons.

Just my $0.02

rds has several styles of 40 gallon tank available... choices here

Yeah I have looked at several. I just can't bring myself to part with the money... I think I'm cheap.

Just my $0.02
Nothing wrong with being frugal, a must have for one person is a waste of money for another. Assuming you travel with the RV enough, the way I look at it, the Aux tank pays for itself over the long haul, simply because you end up being able to save on fuel by being able to go further and picking the cheaper spots along the way at spaced out distances rather than being tied to the range of the stock tank, as well as the time saving factor with removing some fuel stops, Also worth saying auxiliary fuel tank can be a one time purchase because you can remove the tank if you change trucks and put it in another truck...

So it isn't like you buy one for every truck you own but the expense really depends on if you have a need or it just seems like a good idea. For me, since I am retired and travel extensive distances, it works out... but if you almost never stray a 300+ miles a day or from their home, ( most people don't) it isn't of any value.

Friend of mine has a car hauling business, his regular runs are from Ohio where he lives to mostly Floriduh or sometimes Texas. he has a 100 gallon aux tank in his truck... which allows him to only refuel once on each leg of those 1200 mile runs.. Which makes sense for him as he has the choice of getting the cheapest fuel along the way and returning to that spot and he is also subject to hours of service regs....

drawback to aux tank is you use up a bit of bed space..
and if the truck doesn't have a real high load capacity, there is some extra weight involved with a full tank..

So the answer is for most people, aux tank is not necessary.. a couple five gallon cans would be sufficient if you worry about it.