Burgess Falls State Park near Sparta TN

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We visited this park after looking on our hiking app for a short highly rated hike. If you are in the area this is a great non-strenuous hike with beautiful waterfalls. There are four separate falls you'll see as you hike from the parking lot. The grand fanale is at the end of the trail.

First falls:
20200516_134323647_iOS.jpg

Second falls:
20200516_134811113_iOS.jpg

Explanation of the broken down flume:
20200516_134706739_iOS.jpg

Third falls:
20200516_140315781_iOS.jpg

Burgess Falls - notice the boat at the bottom of the falls for prospective. Gorgeous!
20200516_140942755_iOS.jpg

We visited this park after looking on our hiking app for a short highly rated hike. If you are in the area this is a great non-strenuous hike with beautiful waterfalls. There are four separate falls you'll see as you hike from the parking lot. The grand fanale is at the end of the trail.

First falls:
View attachment 221

Second falls:
View attachment 222

Explanation of the broken down flume:
View attachment 223

Third falls:
View attachment 224

Burgess Falls - notice the boat at the bottom of the falls for prospective. Gorgeous!
View attachment 225
What beautiful water falls, TN is a wonderfully green state. Thanks for the idea and the photos.

Are there campsites near there?

We were in Monterey with is about 20 miles away and it's mostly interstate to get to the falls. I believe there is a campground about 10 miles north of the falls, but don't know much about it.

Looks beautiful. We always look for state parks because they tend to be dog friendly. That is we can bring them on the trails with us. I heard a dog barking in the background did you bring your pups?

Looks beautiful. We always look for state parks because they tend to be dog friendly. That is we can bring them on the trails with us. I heard a dog barking in the background did you bring your pups?
Yes, our 10 month old chocolate lab.

This was on the trail in Burgess
20200516_135000519_iOS.jpg