Build pictures of our New Horizons 5th wheel

Like clockwork, more Friday pictures from New Horizons.

The only thing missing we can see from the pictures are two cabinet doors in the bedroom and the couch and loveseat. The loveseat is backordered until mid August, but the couch is at New Horizons and will be installed soon. We can't wait to go bring the trailer home!

It looks great 👍. I’m guessing since the loveseat is backordered that you will have to wait till it comes in? Or will they let you take it then and come back to have it installed?

It looks great 👍. I’m guessing since the loveseat is backordered that you will have to wait till it comes in? Or will they let you take it then and come back to have it installed?
We are going to take delivery without the loveseat, because we have a trip planned that we don't want to cancel. With any luck we can stop at the factory in Junction City on the way back from our trip and pick up the love seat.

That looks BIG! And not many windows on the driver's side. When do you take delivery?

Hope you got enough truck!;)

It's 37' - they make them from 32' to 48', if it were a 39' it would have been triple axle. At 37' we are already eliminating some parks and didn't want to go any longer. We chose the Summit which is 12.5' tall. The Majestic is 13.5' tall and heavier, which would require more truck and is more challenging in crosswinds. Our pin weight will be about 4,000lbs at max gross trailer weight, but I can't imagine how we would ever have 3,500lbs of cargo in the trailer, our pin weight will normally be about 3,500lbs. We will be fine with the truck.

The driver's side has the bedroom slide and the kitchen slide. The bed room slide has two side windows and the there is a window over the kitchen counter, the couch in the rear also has a window, other than that there is no other place for a window on that side.

We take delivery the week of July 19th, really looking forward to having an RV again.

Last edited:
Kidding about the truck. How do you go bigger than a dually Duramax 3500? A commercial tractor set up for a 5er?

It's beautiful, looks like a custom home inside.

Kidding about the truck. How do you go bigger than a dually Duramax 3500?
You'll see 5500s like the Ram or the Freightliner M2 Luxury Hauler, but some go big, straight to a class 8 tractor. The M2 would be great, but not at $160,000 and the M2 would be difficult to drive around as your local transportation when you get to where you're going. A class 8, to me, would be a giant rough riding PITA. You couldn't use it for local transportation and you have to find some place to park it, no thanks.