Blackstone flat-top griddle

spasm3

We take this on every trip. I can cook eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns all at the same time! Easy cleanup. Cook anything on it! you just have to season it first so its non stick.
IMG_20190406_174554709_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190406_181535019.jpg

Would you recommend the griddle over a grill? We only have a portable grill, but a griddle sure looks interesting.

Would you recommend the griddle over a grill? We only have a portable grill, but a griddle sure looks interesting.
I have both. For weekend trips, i just take the griddle. For week long trips i have a portable stainless grill, with a removable charcoal pan.

The exact grill i have is no longer available.

there are some similar but no removable charcoal pan. I like the griddle. More versatile. Stir fry, breakfast, fajitas, vegetables. The pic with the green beans, thats not grease, its brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic salt. Once the griddle is seasoned, it takes little oil to cook. It just needs to be hot and wiped with oil before putting on food. Food will stick if its cold then heated, much like cooking on cast iron.

I use the charcoal grill for shrimp skewers, and such.

61AWCId3eHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
71pj0pW8hSL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I think we need a griddle! I'm so hungry now.... :D

The 22 inch is just right, it is a touch heavy. But i don't move it much. With the lid, its okay if it rains on it at the camp site.
I'm going to buy the adapter so i can run it off the gas quick connect under my camper.

I have the adapter already for my gas grill. We're buying this griddle - thanks for the suggestion!

I have the adapter already for my gas grill. We're buying this griddle - thanks for the suggestion!

The blackstone has a unique connector, you will need that connector depending on what your line is. I bought this kit.

718FekLgfqL._AC_SL500_.jpg

connector looks like this.
61-rHnjfUNL._AC_SL500_.jpg

614qdR%2BNx6L._AC_SL500_.jpg

IF you get it, definitely spend the time to season the steel flat top. I think i used peanut oil, you season it like you would a cast iron skillet. Takes 2 -3 heating sessions to carbon up the surface. Clean up is just scraping a bit and wiping with a wet paper towel. I use the blue type paper towels to clean. Re-oil after cleaning to prevent rust.

Thank you for all the information. I too am looking for something to replace camp fire cooking as so many placed either don't have fire rings, don't let you have a fire or when dry camping there is a burn ban. cooking outside is so much more fun. We have a small grill that uses the 1# canister and that is fine, yet it does not cook eggs very well!

We like it. The hose kit I listed above is fora quick connect it you have one on your camper. I think it comes with a hose to connect to an lp tank.

Thanks to @spasm3 we now have the same griddle! This is a great griddle! Lots of heat when you want it and does well in the wind.

0EB6BCFC-7FB6-4FE8-97BE-11E7BB6AA2EB.jpeg

16B98D86-A4B1-4C8D-8429-FD7B20C25F6A.jpeg

Nice! Pepper and onions for chicken/beef fajitas are great on it too!

I'm trying to learn shrimp fried rice on it. I think i am moving the rice around too often, verses letting it set a bit and cook.