Been away for a while

Mbacfp

Hello all,

Been busy with relocating my family out of California for Texas. Sold our home in California in January 2022 and have been living in our motorhome full time while my kids finish up their black belts in karate. Purchased a home in Texas and just waiting for our kids to finish before we leave in the next couple weeks.

Never full timed in an RV until now but got to say it has been fun. Been staying in local county parks with some being good and others not so much.

Resized_20220204_160652.jpeg

Current place has lots of wild life and has been fun. Looking forward to our new house but 4 months in motorhome has been fun.

20220423_104338.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well. Have a 7 day trip from California to Texas coming up. Some exciting stops along the way.

Take care all.

It sounds like you are enjoying the full timing! How long do you think you could full time before you needed a change back to a home? Have you been mostly in California?

Where did you find the peacock? We had friends in Arcadia that had peacocks all over the neighborhood.

It sounds like you are enjoying the full timing! How long do you think you could full time before you needed a change back to a home? Have you been mostly in California?

Where did you find the peacock? We had friends in Arcadia that had peacocks all over the neighborhood.

We have been staying at local parks in California close to their karate studio. I think full timing while traveling around the Country would be more enjoyable than being landlocked. Coming up on 4 months and getting time (having a new house waiting doesn't help). Our last leg is a 24 day stay in Santa Paula, CA. Peacocks are everywhere and come right up to you in your site. It is mating season so they are loud.

I probably could full-time for a long time if traveling. Not sure I would ever sell a home and do full-time, but never say never. Our site here is nice and private.

20220422_182516.jpg

That really is a nice site.

We would like to full-time about 6 months out of the year and have a home base for the other 6. We'll see.

What year is your Chateau?

Only bummer is our Country parks only let you stay 14 days max at a time up to 30 days total within a certain time period per park per year. So, we moved a lot and had to stay at a park with no dump...had to do the cart dumping thing which I did not like one bit. Been an experience and ultimately a positive one I will always remember.

Different places we stayed.

20220417_110456.jpg

20220114_134024.jpg

That really is a nice site.

We would like to full-time about 6 months out of the year and have a home base for the other 6. We'll see.

What year is your Chateau?

Precisely my optimal plan. Our rig is a 2015. Had to replace toilet as seal got worn out but we may have used a chemical that hastened its demise. We are counting the days until May 16th (day we head to Texas).

had to stay at a park with no dump...had to do the cart dumping thing which I did not like one bit.
We don't own a cart and hope never to own one, but you never know. I haven't seen too many smiling people pulling their cart to the dump :cool:

Our rig is a 2015.
It must be stored inside, looks brand new.

Had to replace toilet as seal got worn out but we may have used a chemical that hastened its demise.
All jokes aside, what chemical do you think caused the degradation of the seal?

We don't own a cart and hope never to own one, but you never know. I haven't seen too many smiling people pulling their cart to the dump :cool:

It must be stored inside, looks brand new.

All jokes aside, what chemical do you think caused the degradation of the seal?

Having no dump isn't fun, but was necessary in our case. 4 showers a day fills gray quickly and I had the 36 gallon cart. Was dumping daily.

Rig was stored under a car port outside. So, pretty much protected from sun most of its life.

I asked my wife and she believes scrubbing it was what killed the seals. 4 months we were cleaning more often so that along with age contributed to it going. Will not touch the seals going forward or will use a non abrasive vehicle to clean them.