Banks Differential Cover

spasm3

I posted this on bitog as well, but what do you think of this diff cover?

1653959445078.jpg

Anyone running one of these? Is it worth it? They claim a temperature drop. Plus the cover has fill and drain plugs and a sight glass.

I posted this on bitog as well, but what do you think of this diff cover?
The Banks differential cover is probably the best designed diff cover out there. I watched the entire series and it's fun listening to Gale's methodical engineering. If there were one I were going to buy, it would be the Banks.

Should you buy one? I think I would get an inexpensive IR thermometer and see how hot your diff gets when you pull. If the temp is > 190F, then I would consider the diff cover, if it doesn't get too hot, then probably skip the expense.

I absolutely would run HPL's differential fluid, as it has a weld rating of almost 600, which is completely outstanding.

The Banks differential cover is probably the best designed diff cover out there. I watched the entire series and it's fun listening to Gale's methodical engineering. If there were one I were going to buy, it would be the Banks.

Should you buy one? I think I would get an inexpensive IR thermometer and see how hot your diff gets when you pull. If the temp is > 190F, then I would consider the diff cover, if it doesn't get too hot, then probably skip the expense.

I absolutely would run HPL's differential fluid, as it has a weld rating of almost 600, which is completely outstanding.
Thanks, I am considering the HPL differential life fluid. I know that Amsoil severe gear is highly regarded as well.

I can't find a weld rating for amsoil, so i can't really compare them.

You think the HPL is superior to the amsoil? I am running HPL oil in my truck btw.

Truck is spec'd for 75w90 wondering if i should go 75w-110?

Last edited:
I can't find a weld rating for amsoil, so i can't really compare them.

You think the HPL is superior to the amsoil?
Yes, the HPL Differential Life is superior. When you are at the plant this summer, ask to see the data.

Truck is spec'd for 75w90 wondering if i should go 75w-110?
I don't think it would hurt or help, just pick one and go with it.