Are you sure we need coffee in the morning?

Wayne

Administrator
Staff member
We are camping and getting things ready for the morning. My wife just asked me, "are you sure we need coffee in the morning."

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

Yes, I'm sure.

What coffee maker do you use in your camper? We just have a simple mr coffee brewer, but in a camper they all seem big on the counter. My wife does not like a french press.

We have your standard 12 cup Mr. Coffee. The only feature is it has an on/off switch. I think it was $18 at WalMart. It is a bit big, but we always drink the whole pot.

20200528_220158482_iOS.jpg

Similar to what we use, other that a french press, not much way to save counter space. We tried a 4 cup unit, but we drink more coffee than that.

I use a Chemex Glass Carafe, the kind you boil the water and pour it over the grounds. Yes I know glass is not something you usually take in a camper, yet mine is stored in the box it came in neatly in the cupboard and it is still unbroken after several years. It also makes good tea for iced tea or hot. I have found it is not really the coffee maker you use, it is the water.

I tried coffee in college for about a month; never got the hang of it and after 55 years of living, I have no use for it.

However, I recognize that a substantial part of the population NEEDS that caffeine kick in the morning to not only get started, but, well, to feel "human", and I know some folks who are just plain grumpy until they've had their morning cup(s) of Joe.

Never ask a coffee drinker if they "need" a cup in the morning; of course they do!

Not a coffee person at all. Upsets my stomach and I hate the taste, although I love the smell.

My source of caffeine is from a can in most cases. Any soft drink/energy drink with no sugar in it is usually a friend of mine.

I’ve gotten to where caffeine doesn’t do anything for me lol. So whether I drink it or not doesn’t seem to make a difference. I’ve been drinking heavy caffeine drinks since I was about 5 because I love Mtn Dew lol. Now if I could just get to bed at a reasonable time since I have to get up at 5:45 on work days. I usually am rolling in the bed about 1 or 2am lol. Because baseball runs late and I don’t like to miss it and we have to go to the gas station for sodas after the game since I refuse to stay home. So yeah no caffeine will help me lol. I can drink coffee or soda and go right to sleep.