Abandoned Sears in Brooklyn Park MN - Brookdale Mall

scurvy

I'm not saying you should stay there, or that you can stay there, but we did without issue. Made it farther that day than we expected and pulled in around 11 PM.

This is just around the corner from a very brightly lit and well patrolled Walmart parking lot... slept much better here in the dark with no vehicles or people around.

IMG_3312.jpg

That's a great place to boondock, so long as there are no knocks on your door in the middle of the night. Glad it worked out well.

2 schools of thought here. 1 be around people so that there is constant attention, less chance of a bogeyman not being seen by others.
2. Be away from people so you are not noticed as a target.

I think if I was parking I the abandoned lot, I would want to be far away from the building, so there was no cover for anyone to approach in a 360 radius.

I think if I was parking I the abandoned lot, I would want to be far away from the building, so there was no cover for anyone to approach in a 360 radius.

We were. The picture makes it look like we were much closer than we were. The lot is huge and we were well away from the store, about where the green box is in this Google maps satellite picture. I was near the abandoned Avis near the Xeres Ave N annotation when I took the picture.

harveyboondockingsearsbrooklyncentermn.jpg